Solo unlocks a world of musical entertainment. Tune to an Internet radio station on the other side of the globe, stream music via Bluetooth wireless technology, or choose to enjoy one of 30+ million songs from Spotify Connect – whatever your preference, let Solo be your music concierge.
At a glance:
- Multi-room capabilities with one-touch streaming and high-fidelity sound
- Countless music sources including DAB+ and FM radio, Internet radio, Spotify Connect, Bluetooth streaming, and Wi-Fi connectivity
- No phone or device needed for most functions
- Hand-crafted, furniture-grade real wood veneer cabinets for truly stunning style
- Custom digital signal processor and 30 watts per channel RMS digital amplifier
- Plus MORE!
NEW FEATURE: Works with Alexa Certified! Solo does not contain any listening capabilities/microphones, but instead relies on an Alexa device (Dot, etc.) for voice control. After setup, simply speak a command for basic, hands-free control.
"Rediscover the joys of radio, but with a twist: The great-sounding Como Audio Solo has built-in WiFi and streams stations from all over the globe. That means reggae from France or pop from Nigeria are just a preset away."
Meet the Solo
Designed by audio veteran Tom DeVesto, Solo is much more than just a radio: it is a “smart speaker.” It begins with a nearly half inch-thick MDF wood case housing a ¾” soft dome tweeter and custom 3” long-throw, 4-layer voice coil woofer with oversized magnet. The exterior is expertly crafted using one of several furniture-grade, real wood veneers, or a multi-layer piano gloss finish. The custom Digital Signal Processor (DSP), 30 watts per channel RMS Class D digital amplifier, Qualcomm aptX audio, and 3 inputs supporting playback of hi res files result in faithful reproduction of your favorite songs.
With the touch of a preset button on the anodized aluminum front panel, Solo will power on and begin playing your favorite saved station. Individual sources can also be saved to the presets, allowing Solo to power on and immediately revert to Spotify Connect, Auxiliary, etc. Moreover, preset playback is independent and not limited to whichever source is playing at the time. Artist and song information as well as album art is beautifully reproduced on Solo’s 2.8” TFT color display, and the artwork can even be expanded to fill the entire display.
Filling your home with music is a task especially suited to Solo. Our multi-room feature allows placement of multiple Solos in a single room or in many rooms. Play the same source on all of your Solos, or different sources on different Solos. Why you can even dedicate one Solo for the left channel and another for the right channel to create a wide wireless soundstage. All of this may seem complicated, but Como Audio’s free app for iOS and Android is designed to take the mystification out of multi-room. Of course, a traditional remote is also supplied to control most of Solo’s non-multiroom functions.
Versatility is another word that can be ascribed to Solo. With a USB input (which also doubles as a smart phone charger or power for an accessory like Google’s Cast or Amazon’s Dot) to playback music from a flash drive, an optical input to connect audio from a television and instantly upgrade your TV’s sound, dual alarms, wireless software updates, and an internal switching power supply that automatically detects the correct input voltage, Solo is a true multi-tasker. The name “Solo” is indeed a paradox because when you become one with the music, you are never alone.
Whole House Control
Control your music anywhere, from anywhere.
Multi-room began life as Multi-zone, and depending on the system, may have required a custom installer to install it and “train” the customer how to use it. For those wanting a simpler solution, place our models in different rooms, download our free App, and you’ll soon be enjoying music throughout your home. Play different sources in any room or sync all the rooms together to play the same thing. It’s multi-room on your terms.
Como Control App
“A” is for Apple … and Android.
The free Como Control App for iOS and Android converts your smart device into a wireless, touch screen controller for your Como Audio music system. Access functions like power, volume, tuning, presets, sources, EQ, and play/pause – toggle Internet station logos and Spotify album art, see meta data, and (if you have multiple models throughout your home) coordinate multi-room sound. You can also set the time, activate the Sleep timer, and perform a Factory reset, all without having to use the controls on the unit. Control freaks, we have you covered.
Dedicated control right out of the box.
Some audio products on the market that come with an App omit to include a remote control. At Como Audio, we recognize there may be times when a dedicated remote can come in handy, so we include one with every Como Audio music system. Duplicating many of the front panel functions and offering a few new ones, the remote provides control for power, volume, mute, ‘now playing’ information, source selection, setting alarms, menu access, tuning, play/pause/track control, and even turning the backlight off in standby. Our remote strikes the perfect balance between functionality and simplicity (and it looks cute, too).
However you like to source and listen to music, Solo can help you do it.
- A world of audio entertainment options:
- Bluetooth: Enjoy Bluetooth 4.1 A2DP with aptX audio. Bluetooth allows wireless music streaming, displaying artist and song information (if available), while aptX allows for CD-like sound quality from enabled devices. Bluetooth also provides a music source should your WiFi network be unavailable.
- Spotify Connect: Allows Spotify’s 30+ million worldwide premium subscribers to stream from 35+ million songs directly from Spotify’s servers, not from a phone or tablet, resulting in uninterrupted music and maximizing battery time.
- Internet Radio: 30,000+ free stations and Podcasts from around the world.
- FM Radio: Telescoping external FM antenna allows you to more easily tune to your favorite local radio station, while FM RDS provides song, artist information, and radio station information (where available). FM also provides a music source should your WiFi network be unavailable.
- Direct Wifi streaming: Wirelessly stream music from any enabled computer via your existing WiFi network, without the need for separate bridges or modules.
- Google Chromecast for Audio & Amazon Dot–ready: Connect Google’s dongle with an audio cable to the Aux input or connect an Alexa model wirelessly via Bluetooth.
- USB input: For music playback from a USB flash drive and other mass storage devices. This USB jack will also charge many smart phones.
- Multi-format support: Easily reads and navigates through multiple file formats including AAC+, MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, and ALAC.
- Optical & auxiliary inputs: Optical hi-res input to connect audio from a TV resulting in superior sound, as well as two hi-res 3.5mm auxiliary inputs supporting up to 24 bit/192KHz.
- Stereo headphone & line outputs: Listen to your music system over headphones, or output to an alternate media device if desired.
- Multi-room capability: Allows you to place our products throughout your home and control them all with our app. Have up to 5 units per group and up to 5 groups per home depending on the WiFi network.
- Free iOS & Android Como Control app: Use your phone or tablet to change volume, source, presets, equalization, tune stations, and control multi-room functions.
- Remote control: Controls many major functions yet remains compact.
- Classic alarm clock functionality: Enjoy our analog clock display, or switch to digital if you prefer. Dual independent alarms come complete with scheduling options, snooze, and sleep timer – multiple alarm source options include Internet radio, FM, and more. Time and date update automatically with WiFi connection.
- Large color display: Access a wealth of functions and information through our easily navigable, multi-language interface. The Solo's 2.8" TFT (thin-film-transistor) LCD display reproduces Spotify album art and station logos from Internet radio stations in full color, unlike monochrome LCDs. Backlight adjustment allows you to control the brightness of your screen.
- On-unit control panel: Multi-purpose knobs and buttons on the display panel allow direct control of the system without having to use the app or remote.
- Six independent presets: Save your favorite stations and sources, and recall them regardless of what source you are in. Just select a favorite station or source with the push of a single button and the system powers on and plays. Additionally, “My Favorites” provides almost unlimited storage of favorite Internet stations.
- Designed for style: Complement your décor with a choice of furniture-grade, real wood veneers and multi-layered, piano gloss finishes. Anodized or painted metal knobs and control panels contribute to the sophisticated look.
- Designed for sound: Designed with a nearly 1/2″ thick MDF enclosure that dampens extraneous vibration and yields consistently good sound. 19mm soft dome tweeters ensure extended high end response, while custom 3″ long-throw, 4-layer voice coil woofers result in exceptional bass. Tuned rear bass port(s) offer efficient bass response and extended range. The class D digital amplifier delivers 30 watts per channel RMS: enough power to faithfully reproduce audio and fill a room with beautiful sound.
- Custom Digital Signal Processing: Countless hours were spent listening and measuring the system using different music genres at various volume levels for the most accurate sound reproduction.
- Adjustable EQ: Bass, treble, balance, and loudness controls allow you to tailor the sound to your liking.
- Software updates over WiFi: Convenient, fast, and free, keeps your investment up-to-date. Works with 802.11a/b/g/n & 2.4/5GHz routers and WPA2.
Energy efficiency: Consumes 1.5 watts maximum in standby.
Consumes 22 watts at full volume – 23 watts with Ambiente connected.
- Power input: Internal 100-240V, 50-60Hz switching power supply eliminates the need for a bulky switching “wall wart” which can also degrade reception. The Solo has a 20VDC/3A input for use with an external adapter (not included) in lieu of using the supplied power cord.
Dimensions & weight:
Product Dimensions: 4.92"/125mm H (132mm H with feet) x 9.45"/240mm W x 4.72"/120mm D (130.5mm D including antenna)
Product Weight: 4.2lbs/1.91kg
Shipping dimensions: (H) 6.96in/177mm x (W) 11.69in/297mm x (D) 8.85in/225mm
Shipping Weight: 5.95lb/2.7kg
- Two Year Warranty: Most consumer electronic devices, regardless of price, include a one year warranty. Como Audio backs all of its music systems for a full two years. (click here for details)