Roughly translated, “Solo” in Italian means “alone”. You will feel anything but that when listening to Como Audio’s Solo, because Solo unlocks a world of musical entertainment. Be it tuning an Internet radio station from the other side of the globe, enjoying one of 30+ million songs from Spotify Connect, or streaming music via Bluetooth wireless technology, let Solo be your music concierge.
Designed by audio veteran Tom DeVesto, Solo is much more than just a radio, it is a “smart speaker”. It begins with a nearly 12mm MDF wood case housing a 19mm soft dome tweeter and custom 3” long-throw, 4-layer voice coil woofer with oversized magnet. The exterior is expertly crafted using one of several furniture-grade, real wood veneers, or a multi-layer piano gloss finish. The custom Digital Signal Processor (DSP), 30 watts per channel RMS Class D digital amplifier, Qualcomm aptX audio, and 3 inputs supporting playback of hi res files result in faithful reproduction of your favorite songs.
Content need not equal confusion. With the touch of a preset button on the anodized aluminum front panel, Solo will power on and begin playing your favorite saved station. Individual sources can also be saved to the presets, allowing Solo to power on and immediately revert to Spotify Connect, Auxiliary, etc. Moreover, preset playback is independent and not limited to whichever source is playing at the time. Bluetooth wireless technology set up is a snap thanks to Near Field Communication (NFC). Artist and song information as well as album art is beautifully reproduced on Solo’s 2.8” TFT color display, and the artwork can even be expanded to fill the entire display.
Filling your home with music is a task especially suited to Solo. Our multi-room feature allows placement of multiple Solos in a single room or in many rooms. Play the same source on all of your Solos, or different sources on different Solos. Why you can even dedicate one Solo for the left channel and another for the right channel to create a wide wireless soundstage. All of this may seem complicated, but Como Audio’s free app for iOS and Android is designed to take the mystification out of multi-room. Of course, a traditional remote is also supplied to control most of Solo’s non-multiroom functions.
Versatility is another word that can be ascribed to Solo. With a USB input (which also doubles as a smart phone charger or power for an accessory like Google’s Cast or Amazon’s Dot) to playback music from a flash drive, an optical input to connect audio from a television and instantly upgrade your TV’s sound, dual alarms, wireless software updates, and an internal switching power supply that automatically detects the correct input voltage, Solo is a true multi-tasker. The name “Solo” is indeed a paradox because when you become one with the music, you are never alone.
The name "Solo" is indeed a paradox. when you become one with the music, you are never alone.
Finishes: Walnut, Piano Black, Piano White, Hickory
- Analog clock display; Time/date will update automatically.
- Large TFT color display (3.2″ for Duetto, 2.8″ for Solo): Reproduces DAB and Spotify album art and station logos from Internet radio and DAB stations, unlike OLED or monochrome LCDs. Also allows control without having to use the app or remote.
- Remote control: Controls many major functions yet remains compact.
- Free iOS & Android app: Use your phone or tablet to change volume, source, presets, equalization, tune stations, and control multi-room functions.
- DAB/DAB+: Over 20 countries outside North America support DAB or DAB+ broadcasting. (European version)
- FM RDS: RDS provides song, artist information, and radio station information (where available).
- Internet Radio (30,000+ free stations and Podcasts from around the world).
- Multi-room capable: Allows you to place our products throughout your home and control them all with our app. Have up to 5 units per zone (# of zones depends on user’s WiFi network).
- Bluetooth 4.1 A2DP with aptX audio: Bluetooth allows wireless music streaming, displaying artist and song information, while aptX provides CD-like sound quality over Bluetooth (from enabled devices).
- NFC: Eliminates the need for traditional Bluetooth pairing and connecting (using enabled devices).
- Spotify Connect: Allows Spotify’s 30+ million worldwide premium subscribers to stream from 30+ million songs directly from Spotify’s servers, not from a phone or tablet, resulting in uninterrupted music and maximizing battery time.
- DLNA Version 1.5: Wirelessly stream music from your enabled PC/Mac or NAS.
- Music player allowing easy navigation and playback through a USB or network-shared library of music files including AAC+, MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, and ALAC. ALAC is important because it is the Apple lossless format.
- USB input: For music playback from a USB flash drive and other mass storage devices. This USB jack will also trickle charge many smart phones.
- Wirelessly stream music from your computer via your existing WiFi network without the need for separate bridges or modules.
- Optical hi res input to connect audio from a TV resulting in superior sound over your TV speakers.
- Two high res audio auxiliary inputs supports up to 24 bit/192KHz.
- Google Chromecast for Audio-ready and Amazon Alexa-ready (Echo, Dot, etc.): Connect the analog output to the Auxiliary input. Alternately, the Echo and Dot can be connected wirelessly via Bluetooth using the Amazon Alex app.
- 20VDC/3A: For use with an external adapter (not included) in lieu of using the supplied power cord.
- Internal switching power supply 100-240V, 50-60Hz: Eliminates the need for a bulky switching “wall wart” which can also degrade reception.
- Class D digital amplifier: 30 watts per channel RMS: Enough power to faithfully reproduce audio and fill a room with beautiful sound.
- Custom Digital Signal Processing: Countless hours were spent listening and measuring the systems using different music genres at various volume levels for the most accurate sound reproduction.
- Software updates over WiFi: Convenient, fast, and free, keeps your investment up-to-date.
- Dual independent alarms with scheduling options plus snooze and sleep timer with multiple alarm source options including Internet radio, FM, Auxiliary, etc. (not USB).
- Backlight adjustment
- Adjustable EQ: Bass, treble, balance, and loudness controls allow you to tailor the sound to your liking.
- Multi-language user interface.
- Transducers: 19mm soft dome tweeters for extended high end response. Custom 3″ long-throw, 4-layer voice coil woofers with over-sized magnets result in exceptional bass.
- Décor options: Furniture-grade, real wood veneers, and multi-layered, piano gloss finishes.
- Nearly 12mm MDF enclosure damps out extraneous vibration and yields consistently good sound.
- Anodized or painted metal knobs (depending on finish) and control panels: contributes to the sophisticated look. There are no plastic parts used on the front. Most functions can be accessed via the front panel controls.
- Telescoping external DAB/FM antenna
- Tuned rear bass port(s) for efficient bass response and extended range.
- “Powered by Frontier Silicon”: the world leader in digital radio technology. Six independent presets: Save not only your favorite stations, but recall them regardless of what source you are in, and also save your favorite sources. You can turn the unit on and tune a station or jump to a source with the push of a single button.
- Six independent presets: Save not only your favorite stations, but recall them regardless of what source you are in, and also save your favorite sources. You can turn the unit on and tune a station or jump to a source with the push of a single button.
- Works with 802.11a/b/g/n & 2.4/5GHz routers.
- Two Year Warranty
- Consumes 1.5 watts maximum in standby.
- Consumes 22 watts at full volume (23 watts with Ambiente connected).
- Dimensions: 125mm H (132mm with feet) x 240mm W x 120mm D (130.5mm including antenna, 159mm including the power cord strain relief)
- Gross Weight: 1.91kg
- Shipping dimensions: 177mm H x 297mm W x 225mm D
- Shipping Gross Weight: 2.7kg
Whole House Control
Multi-room began life as Multi-zone, and depending on the system, may have required a custom installer to install it and “train” the customer how to use it. For those wanting a simpler solution, place our models in different rooms, download our free App, and you’ll soon be enjoying music throughout your home. Control your music anywhere, from anywhere. Play different sources in any room or sync all the rooms together to play the same thing. It’s multi-room on your terms.
“A” is for Apple…and Android. Whichever you use, we have the App for you. The free Como Control App for iOS and Android converts your smart device into a wireless, touch screen controller for your Solo or Duetto. Let your fingers do the walking and access functions like power, volume, tuning, presets, sources, EQ, play/pause, view Internet station logos and Spotify album art, see meta data, and coordinate multi-room sound (if you have multiple models throughout your home). You can also set the time, activate the Sleep timer, and perform a Factory reset, all without having to use the controls on the unit. Control freaks, we have you covered.
Some audio products on the market that come with an App often do not also include a remote control. At Como Audio, we recognize there may be times when a dedicated remote can come in handy, so we include one with every Como Audio music system. Duplicating many of the front panel functions and offering a few new ones, the remote provides control for power, volume, mute, ‘now playing’ information, source selection, setting alarms, menu access, tuning, play/pause/track control, saving Internet station Favorites, and even turning the backlight off in standby. Our remote strikes the perfect balance between functionality and simplicity (and it looks cute, too).